Who we are
The Australian Dispute Resolution Association Inc. brings together dispute resolution practitioners to provide them with the following:
- representation on the Mediator Standards Body
- an opportunity to become Nationally Accredited Mediators
- networking events
- seminars and workshops
ADRA was established in 1986 and has been at the forefront of dispute resolution in Australia. We embrace all forms of dispute resolution and we pride ourself not only in our heritage, but in our commitment to future development of dispute resolution.
ADRA has formed links with the Australian Psychological Society (APS), particularly with the APS Interest Group, Dispute Resolution and Psychology (DR&Psych), and the Australian and New Zealand Association of Psychiatry, Psychology and Law (ANZAPPL). ADRA is also forging links with the Global Leadership Program at Macquarie University and hopes that it can attract the younger generation to dispute resolution.
The ADRA Board works with ADRA Members to ensure that ADRA undertakes activities that respond to the needs of Members. The ADRA Board is elected annually, and all ADRA Members have an opportunity to seek to represent other Members on the ADRA Board.
- President: Katherine Johnson
- Vice President: Naomi Holtring
- Secretary: Wendy Buchanan
- Assistant Secretary and Assistant Accreditation Officer: Emily Kwok
- Treasurer: Margaret McCue
- Assistant Treasurer and Administrator: Andrew Wong
- Accreditation Officer: Paula Castile
- Membership Officer: Dennis Nolan
- Journal Review Editor: Vacant
- In-house solicitor: Ann Fieldhouse
- Web Designer: Simon Olsen
- Board Members: Mark Brady, Anne Ardagh, Frank Astill, Salli Browning, Jane Houselander, Mary Walker, Laurence Boulle, Jean-Marcel Malliate, Georgia Siabanis
- Sir Laurence Street
- Micheline Dewdney
- Linda Fisher
- Allan Parker
Prof Jennifer David
Read about Jennifers achievements in the Publications section
- Dr Anne Ardagh (2015)
- Prof Laurence Boulle (2015)
ADRA's Complaint Handling System
ADRA is proud to be at the forefront of dispute resolution complaint handling. ADRA brought together representatives of a number of leading dispute resolution organisations in 2006-2007 with the aim of developing a cutting edge complaint handling system that incorporated the ethos of dispute resolution. ADRA proudly offers this complaint handling system to users of dispute resolution who have undertaken dispute resolution that was managed by an ADRA Member. Click here for a copy of the ADRA Complaint Handling Policy.