Time: 5:30pm Initial Start, Reconvened at 6:30pm
Place: The Law Society, 170 Phillip Street, Sydney, Reconvened in Silks Café, 170 Phillip Street, Sydney
Present at 5:30pm: Salli Browning, Georgia Siabanis, Emily Kwok, Mary Walker, Dennis Nolan, Peter Irving, Raquel Robson, Andrew Wong, Katherine Johnson, Wendy Buchanan, Jane Houselander, Margaret McCue, Peggy Lin, Naomi Holtring, Jean-Marcel Malliate
Present at 6:30pm: Ruth Charlton, Geoff Charlton, Paul Lewis, Peter Irving, Laurence Boulle, Naomi Holtring, Jean-Marcel Malliate, Val Sinclair, Jane Houselander, Dennis Nolan, Pamela Geissler, Margaret McCue, Katherine Johnson, Ashley Wood, Janice McLeay, Yula Blecher, Peggy Lin, Wendy Buchanan, Mary Walker, Andrew Wong, Raquel Robson, Georgia Siabanis
Apologies: Linda Fisher, Mark Brady, Paula Castile, Frank Astill, Peter O'Brien
Welcome and Review of Minutes of 24 July 2015 AGM
One revision noted – to include Peggy Lin as an attendee
Proposed resolution: That the minutes of the 30 June 2015 annual general meeting be accepted with the revision noted in Item 3 above.
Moved: Jane Houselander
Seconded: Peggy Lin
President's report - see attached
Treasurer's report - see attached
Proposed resolution: That the financial statements tabled at the annual general meeting be accepted.
Moved: Peggy Lin
Seconded: Jean-Marcel Malliate
- Wendy Buchanan reporting for Dennis Nolan:
- currently: 50 financial members, 4 of which are non practitioners
- review list of expired members
- in 2015, there were 45 financial members, 14 of which successfully applied for accreditation
- aim to recruit more members in future
- Paypal has provided good record keeping, deposits, reminders
Moved: Peter Irving
Seconded: Salli Browning
Declaration of Board Vacancies and Nominations
- Katherine Johnson to remain as President until June 2017
- She is in second years of second term
- In April 2017, Wendy to send out new nominations
Election of the Board
- None to report.
- No change for 2017.
- Xmas event planning underway
- Katherine Johnson to confirm guest speaker and training session along with ADC co-event
- Peggy Lin proposed two venues for Xmas event:
Option 1 – Chinese banquet at Palace Restaurant
- Need a 20% deposit (=$140)
- Minimum 20 people
- Cost is 435 not including wine
- Can bill $50 per person with some wine and unlimited tea and fruit platter
- Can buy some desserts/puddings
Option 2 – Apprentice in Ultimo
- More expensive
- Must pay a bigger deposit without guarantee of numbers
Passed – Option 1
- Joint venture with ANZAPPL to do hypotheticals (different disciplines to look at how address different scenarios); run another with them in March; good to understand differences
- ADRA involved in Bar Associations; great feedback
- DRI Forum continues: 14 May / 12 August
Meeting close – 6:15pm, followed by Dinner at Silks Café, 170 Phillip Street, Sydney, second closing at 8:35pm
Meeting reconvened at 8:20pm in Silks Café by Katherine Johnson
There was a miscommunication regarding the start time of the AGM. Some thought it was at 5:30pm and some 6:30pm. As such, the AGM was reconvened and summarised by Mary Walker, Katherine Johnson and Peggy Lin for those who missed the 5:30pm AGM. The minutes have been adjusted to reflect this. Katherine Johnson expressed her sincerest and repeated apologies for this confusion. Katherine also thanked everyone for their dedication and hard work.
It was suggested that minutes be circulated earlier in the future.
Motion: To ratify that what had occurred at AGM commencing at 5:30pm by ADRA and issues and motions put at that meeting that arose from the agenda and summary provided.
Moved: Mary Walker
Seconded: Dennis Nolan
Meeting close at 8:35pm.
Minute Taker: Georgia Siabanis