Menu

Supporting and transforming the community of dispute resolution practice by providing leadership, direction and growth.

ADRA Minutes of the Meeting Tuesday 27 September 2016

Venue: Law Society 17 Phillip Street, SYDNEY 2000

Present:

Chair: Katherine Johnson
Treasurers: Margaret McCue, Andrew Wong (Assistant)
Members: Jane Houselander, Peggy Lin
Secretary: Wendy Buchanan
Apologies: Peter O'Brien, Naomi Holtring, Paul Gibson, Mary Reheby, Paula Castile, Anne Ardagh, Dennis Nolan, Frank Astill, Jean Marcel Malliaté, Mark Brady, Georgia Siabanis
Guest Speaker: NIL

AGENDA:

Meeting commenced at 5:45pm. ADRA Board resolved that:

1. Leading Growth and Direction:

  • Katherine announced that she will be away in October for a holiday. Wendy Buchanan will convene the meeting on 25 October 2016. Thanks, Wendy.
  • Ambeng is unavailable to speak at our meeting on 29 November 2016. Katherine to contact Glen Garryn to confirm his attendance and speech. Thanks, Katherine.
  • We discussed potentially running one day workshops to members for CPD points at a cost of $150 per person. We recognise that we have a talented and experienced group of Board members who can convene these workshops. These workshops may run bi-monthly.
  • The Board discussed that Anne Ardagh had submitted an article on ADRA’s history which should be published by the end of this year or early next year.
  • We will ask Simon to create a new Tab on the website exclusively for our minutes. Our minutes are currently placed in the News section and members have expressed difficulties finding our minutes.
  • Katherine Johnson recently presented her PhD thesis at the National Mediation Conference, which had an excellent turnout of 40 attendees. Congratulations, Katherine! Katherine also recently presented her thesis at UTS for Masters Students. Well done!
  • In relation to the DRI Forum, Simon has developed a website for us. Thank you, Simon. We also discussed the possibility for ADRA to run events for the forum.
  • Part of ADRA’s vision is to build a community through dispute resolution. We discussed in the meeting the possibility to create joint ventures with national (such as with the APS DR & Psych Interest Group) and international groups.
  • We will elect a new president by June 2017. We hope that under the new president’s direction, we can lift ADRA’s profile. ADRA has the advantage of having no financial obligations, being a not-for-profit organisation independent of other groups.
  • Peggy Lin and Margaret McCue approved the draft of our AGM Minutes.

2. Finance: Treasurer’s Report:

  • The latest figures up to 25 September 2016 were $10,987 in our cheque account; and $26,907.52 in our Term Deposit. Our PayPal funds are transferred to the cheque account monthly. This equates to a total of $37,894.52. The term deposit will mature on 1 October 2016.

3. Correspondence:

  • The Board had trouble passing Micheline’s Posthumous Award to John. We understand that it may be a difficult time for John and will give him some time before contacting him regarding the award. The Board sends John our deepest sympathies.

4. Practitioner Support: Membership Officer:

  • None noted.

5. MPN Sessions:

MPN held at the Law Society of NSW (LS), 170 Phillip Street, Sydney at 5:45pm, Level 3; and at George Street RSL on Level 4 (RSL)

  • Monday 7 March (LS) at 5:45pm – Intake/Initial Assessment (Wendy Buchanan and Margaret McCue)
  • Saturday 4 June (RSL) at 10:30 am – Agenda setting (Jane Houselander and Paula Castile).
  • Monday 5 September (LS) at 5:45pm – Exploration (Peter O’Brien and Wendy Buchanan)
  • Saturday 3 December at 10:30am (RSL) – Agreements: (Mary Reheby and Salli Browning)

6. Upcoming Events

  • The Christmas Party will be held at Palace Restaurant, which is at Piccadilly Centre. The time and cost will be confirmed soon. Peggy to action soon. Thank you, Peggy.
  • Please note that there will be no meeting in December this year.
  • Planning Meeting will be held on 28 January 2017.
  • Next meeting will be on the 25 October 2016. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the next meeting.

 

Minute Taker: Andrew Wong

Last modified onWednesday, 26 October 2016 06:48

Leave a comment

back to top