LLB (Syd) and LLM (Syd)
Solicitor of NSW Supreme Court
Australian Commercial Disputes Centre - Accredited Mediator
LEADR - Accredited Mediator, (also trained as LEADR Workchoice and Workplace Mediator); Former Deputy Chair - NSW Chapter Committee (2007)
Australian Dispute Resolution Association Inc. (ADRA) – Current Board Member
Ann Fieldhouse has over 30 years professional experience in heavy and complex legal and policy work - including government and commercial, personal and litigious, both as a lawyer and facilitator / mediator. Currently, Ann is a solicitor in country private practice, principally with advisory and transactional practice.
- Advisory or facilitatory perspective in much of this, but also experienced in complex litigation, negotiation and drafting for commercial and other transactions, advising on international treaties, assisting a Royal Commission into criminal matters, and general private practice.
- Initiation of the Kirribilli Mediation Centre and workshops in 2006, which is currently the Mediation Practice Network;
- Participation as facilitator, and as mediator/participant, of dozens of practice workshops;
- Project management over 14 years of complex commercial litigation, involving numerous sensitive mediations and negotiations;
- Previous executive responsibility for conciliation team in human rights and discrimination claims;
- Over 15 years as adviser and/or solicitor to State and Federal governments;
- Many years of private practice as solicitor, consulting solicitor and facilitator for a wide range of work.