- This event has passed.
ADRA CPD Event – Geoff Charlton
May 23 @ 4:30 pm – 5:15 pm
ADRA will be hosting an event with Geoff Charlton as guest speaker. Attendance to this event allows you to earn 1 CPD point. The topic for this presentation will be “What I have learned in 30 + years of mediating”
The presentation will cover the following talking points:
- After initial training, grab every opportunity that arises
- Use your negotiation training
- Hold a preliminary Conference
- Do not rush to conclusions based on briefed material
- Make parties comfortable from the outset
- Use a structure initially
- Be flexible with process
- Identify Ideas and Suggestions
- Summarise often
- Allow parties / lawyers to identify terms of agreement
- Familiarise with various mediation formats
- Be aware of differing dynamics with various mediation subjects.
- Semi-retire with an ADR body that does all the organising.
Geoff Charlton spent 30 plus years working as an experienced commercial lawyer. After trained in mediation in 1992, Geoff adapted his negotiation skills to become a successful mediation specialist now with over 30 years plus ADR experience and over 2000 matters conducted.. He is a Co-Author of the leading mediation skills textbook, The Mediator’s Handbook (3rd Edition). Geoff is now semi retired conducting 1 or 2 Legal Aid parenting and property mediations a week.
0421 321 276